The M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Applied Insect Science seek to provide creative and innovative leaders with advanced multidisciplinary knowledge that will address insects of agricultural, public health and veterinary importance, and sustainable utilization and management of the environment. Ultimately, this should provide alternative solutions to the emerging challenges in agriculture and the environment, the Big Four Agenda, Kenya’s Vision 2030 and SDGs.
The M.Sc. and Ph.D. are a two-year and a three-year programmes respectively.
Entry Requirements for Masters in Applied Insect Science
- Holders of at least Upper Second-Class Honours Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from recognized Universities.
- Holders of a Lower Second Class Honours degree or Postgraduate Diploma from any recognized universities and evidence of two years of relevant work experience.
- In addition to the above, applicants must meet the specific requirements of the Master’s Programme as provided for by the JOOUST Senate.
Entry Requirements for Ph.D. in Applied Insect Science
Candidates wishing to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) must meet the following requirements:
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree of Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree or equivalent academic qualification from any other institution recognized by JOOUST Senate.
3.0 Application Procedure
Application forms are available at the Board of Postgraduate Studies office Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology or in the University website (www.jooust.ac.ke) upon payment of application fees of Ksh 3000.
Deposit your money at Equity Bank, Account No. 0750294239156 Bondo Branch or at any branches countrywide.
Cooperative Bank Account No. 01129255709500 Siaya Branch or at any branches countrywide.
Duly filled application forms and bank receipts should be returned to the respective centres or the Office of the Director Board of Postgraduate Studies at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology.
Enquiries on fees and other details should be directed to:
Director, Board of Postgraduate Studies
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University
of Science and Technology.
P.O. Box 210 – 40601